Hold onto your hats - Church is changing
Following the statement from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York yesterday (17th March) our midweek and Sunday Church services and other events are all suspended until further notice.
Our worshipping life will carry on in a number of different and exciting ways:
- We are hoping (technology permitting) to broadcast a live service on Facebook - Virtual Sunday Eucharist - every Sunday at 9.30am, so that we can worship together electronically. We will also be uploading video resources in the days ahead on this page and on our Parish Magazine website - www.parish-life.co.uk Watch out for further details.
- People on our contact list will receive a weekly communication which will contain prayers, readings and reflections along with our notices by email, if we have it, or through your letterbox (post or hand delivery). Please supply your email to email@example.com or contact us on 01603 439160 if you wish to have your name added to our delivery list - specifying either email or paper copy.
- We are planning to keep going with Parish Life (our parish magazine). It will be more important than ever at this time of crisis and social isolation.
- The Parish Church will be OPEN every day. We will be praying for you all in church, as we always have, on Tues-Fri mornings at 8.30am. These are worrying times and we want ALL our community to know that we are here for you. Our church building is a place which has over the years soaked up the prayers of our community in times of national and personal crisis. Provided we take the appropriate 'social distancing' precautions please continue to come in to be still, to light a candle and to reflect. Fr James will be around from time to time if you need someone to talk to. Contact details are below.
- We are so grateful for all those who have contacted us with offers of help and support for our community. It has been agreed that we are partnering with other community organisations under a whole community umbrella - led by Thorpe St Andrew Town Council, and the wider Broadland District Council. A leaflet is being produced and messages will be sent out to those who have volunteered directly. We will also need VOLUNTEERS to (among other things) help get our church communications out, to be creative with our prayer spaces in church - and if you are known to us - to join our telephoning service for the vulnerable and isolated.
- The guidance on how weddings and funerals is available at https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches in the FAQs - Practical Guidance for Weddings. Please do be in touch if this affects you.
Please contact Fr James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 439160 or through this page. Remember - Christ is a light which the darkness cannot overcome. You may wish to use this prayer:
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.